Thursday, April 14, 2011

Loving You...Craziest Thing I've Ever Done

You know those *sigh* days? That is my week.

I love my independence, friends and really my whole life. It really is pretty perfect (besides the lack of a beach, of course) but going into a week knowing that the husband will be home one of seven days is rough.

When Shawn was first called back, I had a hard time adjusting. Real hard time. Friends and family are amazing in sharing in our excitement that he is going back to do the thing he loves, but it didn't make it much easier for me. I dreaded the days he was gone. I would sleep very little and anticipated the days he would be home. The irony of life gets me. Wives who can't stand their husbands get them every night while I adore him and see him a few times a week. Ok, maybe it's not irony but rather cause and effect :-)

Cue the soundtrack....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGAmWyj8dRw

Living in dread one moment and and anticipation the next is no life. It reeks havoc on your emotional state and you miss so much of life! I hear so many people who dread Mondays. Ohhh the Muuundaaays. Do you realize that Mondays make up 1/7 of your entire LIFE? To dread 1/7 of your life is honestly, really kind of depressing. Anymore, that's kind of my approach to Shawn being gone on trips. Yes, we have fun and love being together, but am I going to sit around a watch life? Not anymore!

"You do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes." - James 4:14

The past few months I have had so much joy. I am blessed with some of the best people in my life and there is a new excitement in me for the things to come. I am connected to a church I love and have made amazing friends and have reconnected with old ones. I have ideas and inspirations of things I want to do and I just can't wait to see where it all goes.

This is still a hard week but the amazing thing is the joy I have in the midst of it all. I still have few minor meltdowns at work (thank heavens for a praying co-workers and an understanding boss) and had to deal with housework, dogs, dog messes and bills seemingly alone, but I am so blessed. It's easy to rely on someone for emotional support all the time, but that really isn't fair for a person to carry that. Through all this I re-learned how to give it to God and let Him be my support, it's amazing how easily we forget the basic lessons.

Continually learning my first works over.

Much love!



No comments:

Post a Comment